Tag: Temple Owls
Posted: September 2, 2014
1. The first Quest trip of the year got off to a lovely start (picture as much sarcasm as possible and then multiply by 100). Eleven of us sat in the Swamp for 5 hours and saw 10 seconds of football. Thank you mother nature. I can’t fault the officials for postponing / canceling this game but it sure did suck. The first Gator game for the kids was not to be this year. A lot of money was spent flying, staying, eating, and shopping in Gainesville and we had a good time, but we did not see anything more than one kickoff. I certainly hope this is not foreshadowing of the year to come. Stat of the night…In the six hours around kickoff, there were over 1,100 lightning strikes … Read More »
Posted: August 27, 2014
1. The Quest begins Week 1 with the annual Gainesville trip, family in tow. Here’s to hoping it does not cost as much as last years trip to Syracuse….too late! But on the plus side, the kids first Gator game. Let’s hope it’s not another Georgia Southern debacle.
2. Al has no chance of gaining ground in the overall standings this year. I am ahead and not looking back….ever!
3. I love the SEC Network starting off with a bang. Thursday night doubleheader… Texas A&M at South Carolina (great opening game) and then Temple at Vanderbilt (they all can’t be premier games). I hope Aggie fans enjoyed last year, because without Manziel, this year they are going to realize how tough the SEC really is.
4. I came within an hour of being stranded in Europe in … Read More »