Tag: Utah State Aggies
I do have one question for the USU coaching staff…The final USU drive began with USU up 45-28 and 7:10 on the clock. This drive would eventually consume 16 plays, 94 yards, and 6:11 in time of possession, ultimately resulting in a touchdown.
Posted: October 7, 2014
A look back at Week 6 of the college football season.
Well, Week 6 certainly was a crazy one with a bunch of upsets, great games, awful calls, etc. The powers that be need to find a way to spread these games out so we do not have a bunch of dud weeks followed by this, but it certainly was a great day to be plopped onto the couch for 14 hours.
1. The weekend got off to a fast start Thursday night with the Arizona Wildcats moving to 5-0 with an upset of the Oregon Ducks. I had a feeling the Ducks may be in trouble due to their defensive lapses and vegas setting an over under of 77, so I said…. Oregon’s defense has been vulnerable and Arizona is scoring points averaging 42 a game. … Read More »
Posted: September 2, 2014
1. The first Quest trip of the year got off to a lovely start (picture as much sarcasm as possible and then multiply by 100). Eleven of us sat in the Swamp for 5 hours and saw 10 seconds of football. Thank you mother nature. I can’t fault the officials for postponing / canceling this game but it sure did suck. The first Gator game for the kids was not to be this year. A lot of money was spent flying, staying, eating, and shopping in Gainesville and we had a good time, but we did not see anything more than one kickoff. I certainly hope this is not foreshadowing of the year to come. Stat of the night…In the six hours around kickoff, there were over 1,100 lightning strikes … Read More »
Posted: August 27, 2014
1. The Quest begins Week 1 with the annual Gainesville trip, family in tow. Here’s to hoping it does not cost as much as last years trip to Syracuse….too late! But on the plus side, the kids first Gator game. Let’s hope it’s not another Georgia Southern debacle.
2. Al has no chance of gaining ground in the overall standings this year. I am ahead and not looking back….ever!
3. I love the SEC Network starting off with a bang. Thursday night doubleheader… Texas A&M at South Carolina (great opening game) and then Temple at Vanderbilt (they all can’t be premier games). I hope Aggie fans enjoyed last year, because without Manziel, this year they are going to realize how tough the SEC really is.
4. I came within an hour of being stranded in Europe in … Read More »
Posted: September 19, 2013
Clemson at NC State – The Thursday night game this week is two 2-0 teams in the ACC opener for both. Clemson has the big win over Georgia so far this year. Thus, the Tigers will typically lose a game they shouldn’t each year. Is this the one?
Utah St. at USC – Could Lane Kiffin get fired after losing this one?
Tennessee at Florida – The CFQ heads to the Swamp. Burrito Brothers here I come!
Michigan State at Notre Dame – The Spartans may have one of the best defenses you have not heard about. The Irish cannot run the ball. This equals a ND -7 line from the folks in Vegas? ND is a popular team but that line stinks. ND may pull this out but it is probably … Read More »