Tag: Kentucky Wildcats
Posted: October 14, 2014
I now present the definitive Top 25 poll. Each week I will poll myself, tabulate the results, and then present them.
The number in () is last week’s ranking.
1. Mississippi State 6-0 (4)
2. Mississippi 6-0 (5)
3. Florida State 6-0 (1)
4. Baylor 6-0 (3)
5. Auburn 5-1 (2)
6. Michigan State 5-1 (7)
7. Alabama 5-1 (6)
8. Oregon 5-1 (10)
9. Oklahoma 5-1 (8)
10. Notre Dame 6-0 (9)
11. Georgia 5-1 (9)
12. Oklahoma State 5-1 (15)
13. Ohio State 4-1 (16)
14. TCU 4-1 (14)
15. Nebraska 5-1 (19)
16. Arizona State 4-1 (20)
17. Kansas State 4-1 (23)
18. … Read More »
Posted: October 7, 2014
A look back at Week 6 of the college football season.
Well, Week 6 certainly was a crazy one with a bunch of upsets, great games, awful calls, etc. The powers that be need to find a way to spread these games out so we do not have a bunch of dud weeks followed by this, but it certainly was a great day to be plopped onto the couch for 14 hours.
1. The weekend got off to a fast start Thursday night with the Arizona Wildcats moving to 5-0 with an upset of the Oregon Ducks. I had a feeling the Ducks may be in trouble due to their defensive lapses and vegas setting an over under of 77, so I said…. Oregon’s defense has been vulnerable and Arizona is scoring points averaging 42 a game. … Read More »
Posted: October 1, 2014
Random thoughts on the upcoming weekend of college football.
Finally a Saturday slate of games worthy of 12 hours on the couch. We have suffered through some bad weekends but this weekend should make up for it. There are 6 games between Top 25 teams, so let’s get right to it.
1. The weekend gets going Thursday night with 5-0 Arizona traveling to Eugene to face the also unbeaten Oregon Ducks. Oregon’s defense has been vulnerable and Arizona is scoring points averaging 42 a game. They are going to need to at least match that if they hope to pull off the upset as they did last year winning 42-16. Over under on this game is 77 so points should come early and often. So look for a 10-3 halftime score.
2. The SEC has … Read More »
Posted: September 30, 2014
A look back at Week 5 of the college football season.
1. I was high on UCLA entering the season, picking them to go to the playoff. I seriously reconsidered after seeing their first two games of the year. But Thursday night was a statement win. Perhaps I was too early to write them off. The next two weeks will tell with Utah and Oregon ahead. Mr. Hundley is going to need to play like he did Thursday for the Bruins. He is capable of it, so the Rose Bowl should be excited if it is unbeaten Oregon versus unbeaten UCLA.
2. Florida State struggled against NC State and giving up 41 to the Wolfpack does not seem like a good thing, but I am not off the Seminoles making the playoff. … Read More »
Posted: September 15, 2014
A look back at Week 3 of the college football season.
1. Ok, I was wrong. The schedule appeared light, but three Top 25 teams lost to unranked opponents; USC, Virginia Tech, and Louisville. Additionally, UCLA barely escaped against a down Texas team. Further, the only match-up of Top 25 teams was a good one as South Carolina beat Georgia. I think both of those teams have some work to do on defense. I believe that I wrote…I don’t see any other game where a Top 25 team is challenged with the possible exception of East Carolina at Virginia Tech. Not exactly on the nose, but I did allude to one of the upsets, so at least there is that.
2. Did Vanderbilt really have to rally with two TD’s in the 4Q, the second coming with … Read More »
Posted: October 8, 2013
I did not have the opportunity to watch any games prior to 8pm as CollegeFootballQuest was in Syracuse this weekend and I was accompanied by my wife and kids. So, some of this recap is based on heresay and highlights.
Texas @ Iowa State – I guess this is what the Longhorns have become, needing a last second TD and a push across the goal line by the officials to beat the Cyclones.
Maryland at Florida State – I guess the Terps were not for real. This is a score that you see in a directional school game. The takeaway for me is that schedule matters. Maryland’s 4-0 record was a mirage as they played noone. No the Terps know where they stand and it is far away from the top of … Read More »
. Posted: September 3, 2013
North Carolina at South Carolina – I think everybody got what they expected in this game, at least on a team level. SC was never in jeopardy of losing, but did not quite dominate. The interesting note on this game was the reaction to the play of Jadeveon Clowney. I will reserve judgment until next week. He has earned a pass from me on this one. Let’s see how he plays against Georgia.
Ole Miss at Vanderbilt – This was every bit the game that I thought it would be. This back and forth game kept me awake and riveted. This game could springboard Ole Miss into a very successful season and the top recruiting classes they have brought in, could be as advertised. But it is only one … Read More »