Tag: Indiana Hoosiers
Posted: September 23, 2014
A look back at Week 4 of the college football season.
I will admit that I did not see very much college football this weekend. My job took me to Denmark over the weekend and while you can generally find NFL football in Copenhagen, college football is impossible. I did manage to watch the Gators not be able to play offense or defense but that is about it.
1. The dedication award goes to me. I did the impossible and was able to watch the Gators. This was an epic quest that had me sitting behind the reception desk at my hotel, using an impossibly slow WiFi connection, slingbox, VPN, and iPad to watch the Gators ineptitude. That game should have been 72-0. Alabama alone kept Florida in this game. If Florida … Read More »
Posted: September 17, 2014
Random thoughts on the upcoming weekend of college football.
1. The weekend gets off to a fast start on Thursday with the Auburn Tigers traveling to Manhattan, Kansas to take on the Kansas State Wildcats. This is one of two games between top 25 teams and it is in prime time on Thursday night. Both teams come in 2-0. Auburn’s easy week 1 win over Arkansas looks even better after Arkansas shredded Texas Tech. I still am not sure what to make of this Wildcat team. I guess we find out Thursday. Bill Synder Stadium should be rocking for this one.
2. On Friday, UConn takes on South Florida in Tampa. Unfortunately for the Bulls, there are probably 10 high school games within 5 miles of Raymond James that will be better … Read More »
Posted: September 15, 2014
A look back at Week 3 of the college football season.
1. Ok, I was wrong. The schedule appeared light, but three Top 25 teams lost to unranked opponents; USC, Virginia Tech, and Louisville. Additionally, UCLA barely escaped against a down Texas team. Further, the only match-up of Top 25 teams was a good one as South Carolina beat Georgia. I think both of those teams have some work to do on defense. I believe that I wrote…I don’t see any other game where a Top 25 team is challenged with the possible exception of East Carolina at Virginia Tech. Not exactly on the nose, but I did allude to one of the upsets, so at least there is that.
2. Did Vanderbilt really have to rally with two TD’s in the 4Q, the second coming with … Read More »
. Posted: September 17, 2013
TCU at Texas Tech – It was not pretty, but the Red Raiders get the win and send TCU to a 1-2 start. Not what the Horned Frogs were looking for. TCU has some tough games coming up so this was a game they needed. This game sends TTU into the Top 25 and TCU out.
Bowling Green at Indiana – If you have not seen the Falcons punt block for a TD, you must find it on that internet thing. The Falcons take the ball right off the Hosiers punter’s foot and runs it back. It is a Top 10 highlight of the year.
Akron at Michigan – If you ask me, it was pass interference on the last play, but it was close. Akron could have pulled this one out and … Read More »